•    Special Offer
Psysique Pack

Almost did it...

Be aware in dreams

Almost did it...

Postby Omnipotence » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Been reading about lucid dreaming, and saw that they recommend to do reality checks.

I picked counting the fingers on one hand because it's less likely to make me look strange than plugging my nose in the middle of class, or some of the others.

I did this about once an hour, though sometimes more often and sometimes forgot - kind of whenever i remembered - for a day. A DAY.

Had a FREAKY dream last night: I was in a castle, on some kind of weird quest. Noticed a face on the wall of a corridor and was looking at it, thinking "oh, that's pretty cool" when it became all disfigured and started oozing blood.

I started to freak out, then thought "hey, wait a sec, why is this happening" and remembered to count my fingers. There were only 4. I realized it was a dream... but then I woke up.

I realize that I probably just need more practice, I mean, I only did it for a day, but does anyone have any tips on how to prevent that? As soon as I realized it was a dream, I woke up, although I'm not sure if it was that realization or just the freakyness of the dream that woke me up.
Omnipotence
Level 3 (30-49)
Level 3 (30-49)

Special Offer

Chakra Collection

Postby Wolf[Pack] » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:57 pm

I've been trying to lucid dream whenever I could for a little while now. If you do realize you are in a dream try not to get too overexcited (not sure if that's why you woke up or not) but also I have had a pretty weird experience one time when I realized I was dreaming. The moment I realized and and said "I'm dreaming right now" all of the other characters or whatever in my dream turned to me and yelled "Get out!" and I Immediately woke up. A few times I have became lucid in a dream then somehow I lost lucidity because I convinced myself that it couldn't be a dream just because everything was so realistic. I've had a few successes though. Best of luck to you, and sorry for all the rambling :-)
Wolf[Pack]
Level 0 (<10)
Level 0 (<10)

Postby UltimaWarrior » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:29 am

Keep practicing, I have lucid dreams often now. They don't last very long, I usually awaken a few minutes after becoming lucid. It's the excitement! I have done a few things in lucid dreams though before i have awoken. Mostly sechs but whatever.
UltimaWarrior
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Postby N1-Mass_Murderer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:04 pm

lmfao... mostly sechs? :lol:
N1-Mass_Murderer
VIP GOLD (200-499)
VIP GOLD (200-499)

Postby UltimaWarrior » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm

N1-Mass_Murderer wrote:lmfao... mostly sechs? :lol:

Ultima, learn to spell. Seriously. :lol:
UltimaWarrior