Page 1 of 1

What about Macs ?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:48 pm
by superpingu
Hi,
I'm using I-Doser since a few weeks now and I'm sure : I-Doser is a great app. But I-Doser runs on ipod touch/iphone, PSP, PC, what about macs ?
A native support ( not using darwine ... ) would be welcome. Approximately 10 % of computer users are using Macs, this is not so small that it !
Another suggestion : it would be great to be able to stop and reload another dose without restart the app.
Anyway thanks for this wonderful work !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:20 pm
by cameraboirzu
We have 50 of these threads. You could do a search next time.

Anyway, the code used to create idoser could not be used on mac because it is not accepted on mac.

Switch to PC.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:30 pm
by 420master
LONG LIVE PC!!!! FUCK MACS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:40 am
by Noise
here is the official answer from the admin Q&A:


Are there any plans in the works to come out with a mac interface? Or a way to play a .drg file on macs?
No, there are no plans for a mac application at this time. You can purchase CDs or MP3 pack from http://www.i-doser.com. Some users have had good results using parallels on mac to run the Player Application.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 pm
by cameraboirzu
Noise wrote:here is the official answer from the admin Q&A:


Are there any plans in the works to come out with a mac interface? Or a way to play a .drg file on macs?
No, there are no plans for a mac application at this time. You can purchase CDs or MP3 pack from http://www.i-doser.com. Some users have had good results using parallels on mac to run the Player Application.


Cameraboirzu is right!
Haha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:00 pm
by superpingu
Thank you, I know parralles, I have VMware, but as a fanatic mac user, I can't hold using Windows.
I see, like everywhere that there are stupid PC users who think Windows is better because they don't know Macs. I know perfectly that because I was one of thoses. But everyone who REALLY know mac don't say this anymore.
Is the I-Doser's dev team stupid PC users ? I don't hope so. The dev team made a iPhone app, so they worked on a mac and they wrote a code very similar than a mac app code, so I don't want to heard that I-Doser CAN'T be ported on mac, as SBAgen is.
So, I'm a desperate Mac user ... :-(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:52 pm
by cameraboirzu
superpingu wrote:Thank you, I know parralles, I have VMware, but as a fanatic mac user, I can't hold using Windows.
I see, like everywhere that there are stupid PC users who think Windows is better because they don't know Macs. I know perfectly that because I was one of thoses. But everyone who REALLY know mac don't say this anymore.
Is the I-Doser's dev team stupid PC users ? I don't hope so. The dev team made a iPhone app, so they worked on a mac and they wrote a code very similar than a mac app code, so I don't want to heard that I-Doser CAN'T be ported on mac, as SBAgen is.
So, I'm a desperate Mac user ... :-(


I like to call people like you mac fanboys. Mac is overpriced, breaks fairly easily, it doesn't support a lot of programs, and it's a limited market.

The reason you don't get viruses is because only 1/10 people has a mac. Also no, just because they have an iPhone app does not mean they could make one for mac. There isn't enough demand for a mac program, so why would idoser waste their time.

If anything mac users are stupid by spending more money and limiting themselves to one software/hardware company.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:03 am
by whitecrosses
Well I'm not sure if it will work for Macs but try using "Wine". I have used it on Linux before which is a UNIX based operating system, so it might work. Wine gives an application a Windows environment to run in. Google it if you want. Or maybe BootCamp don't know what it is but apparently from what I've heard it can run Windows applications.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:36 pm
by superpingu
I know wine, it work with mac OS X as in linux, but it's not very good as it use Xserver, default in linux, but a simple app in mac os X. I'm always impressed to see how people don't know macs.
To Cameraboirzu : that you're saying is as stupid as saying that all american are fat. But I'm fed up trying to convince narrow-minded PC users.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:56 pm
by cameraboirzu
superpingu wrote:I know wine, it work with mac OS X as in linux, but it's not very good as it use Xserver, default in linux, but a simple app in mac os X. I'm always impressed to see how people don't know macs.
To Cameraboirzu : that you're saying is as stupid as saying that all american are fat. But I'm fed up trying to convince narrow-minded PC users.


I'm American.
And no it isn't. Reread my post, and switch to PC.

Oh. I understand what you're saying. I'm a hypocrite because I said Mac users are stupid, when I was offended by you calling PC users stupid. You called PC users stupid first you prick. Don't spout shit.

PC is a diverse market. Mac is one company.
Mac users get mad at people using PC. They choose hardware that is blatantly inferior to PC, and miss out on a lot of software. How am I single minded again?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 pm
by whitecrosses
cameraboirzu wrote:
superpingu wrote:I know wine, it work with mac OS X as in linux, but it's not very good as it use Xserver, default in linux, but a simple app in mac os X. I'm always impressed to see how people don't know macs.
To Cameraboirzu : that you're saying is as stupid as saying that all american are fat. But I'm fed up trying to convince narrow-minded PC users.


I'm American.
And no it isn't. Reread my post, and switch to PC.

Oh. I understand what you're saying. I'm a hypocrite because I said Mac users are stupid, when I was offended by you calling PC users stupid. You called PC users stupid first you prick. Don't spout shit.

PC is a diverse market. Mac is one company.
Mac users get mad at people using PC. They choose hardware that is blatantly inferior to PC, and miss out on a lot of software. How am I single minded again?


You do know that with new Macs you can install windows on it anyways. Both have their flaws and both work better for different things. Macs are good for graphics and for school who like to lock their students out everything. PCs are good as well. I have a PC I would have a Mac but I'm too poor. But I would have a Mac on the side not as my main computer. My dream computer is worth over like $7000 and that's only the parts not the screen, keyboard and mouse. Macs are good for people that don't know much about computers not saying you guys don't. But the one thing that's better then both of those is Linux, it's free open source but a bitch to use.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:06 pm
by cameraboirzu
My uncle uses Linux. It works fairly well. I don't think there is Idoser for it though. I may be wring; I don't use it.