•    Special Offer
Recreational Simulations

Effects from Mp3's?

Discuss MP3 doses

Effects from Mp3's?

Postby Jdebz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm

I can't tell if I'm getting placebo. I bought recreational 1 and 2 off of itunes, and the first one I tried was opium. I started to lose feeling in one of my hands, but that was about it. Today I tried Trip, but I got the exact same effect, just losing feeling in one of my hands, none of the visual effects.
I wrap myself up in a blanket and listen to it.
Are the trip and opium effects supposed to be similar?
Jdebz
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Special Offer

Spirit Science

Re: Effects from Mp3's?

Postby SpaceMiNd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 pm

No, those aren't the intend effects of Trip or Opium, and you also didn't not experience a placebo effect (unless you were expecting your hands to go numb), all that happened was your hand went numb. I have a couple questions for you
1. When you say you wrap yourself up in a blanket, do you mean just laying a blanket over you, or literally wrapping yourself up in a blanket?
2. How do you meditate?
Happy Dosing - SpaceMiNd
SpaceMiNd
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Postby Jdebz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:53 pm

It's a sleeping bag, so wrap. I sit down in my really comfy computer chair, and listen to the mp3s.
I usually sit there for about 3 minutes humming, then I do a condition, then the dose.
I'm wondering if maybe I just have to practice.
I should probably also add in that I have ADHD, so would taking my meds before hand help, as I don't take them on weekends?
EDIT:
I also use an eye cover.
Jdebz
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Postby SpaceMiNd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Jdebz wrote:It's a sleeping bag, so wrap. I sit down in my really comfy computer chair, and listen to the mp3s.
I usually sit there for about 3 minutes humming, then I do a condition, then the dose.
I'm wondering if maybe I just have to practice.
I should probably also add in that I have ADHD, so would taking my meds before hand help, as I don't take them on weekends?
EDIT:
I also use an eye cover.

I found out your problem :D . You see, traditional meditation doesn't work with ADHD if you are trying to use I-Doser. Lucky for you, I have created a method on how to correctly dose with ADHD (http://www.i-doser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11673) called the SpaceMiNd method that has worked for 3 people so far (3 out of 3 people,) and I think it will help you to (I'm not sure about whether or not you will need the meds. I have only tested the method while I'm on my meds (54mg of Concerta) and no one has told me whether they were using any meds or not , but I say try it without meds, if it don't experience any effects then try it while you are on meds). I would stop using the sleeping bag if I were you and instead use a blanket, and continue using the chair, but I believe you will experience better effects if you lay down on a bed, but do what you wish, and the mp3s are fine. Eye covers are fine. Also, I wouldn't buy MP3s from iTunes if I were you. They have a way of messing up entire doses, not sure if that's still the problem but I'd say buy it from the source
Happy Dosing - SpaceMiNd
SpaceMiNd
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Postby Jdebz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:42 pm

I'll try the last method, as I don't really do much over the weekends :P
I'll update you on how it goes :)
Jdebz
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Postby SpaceMiNd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks, I hope everything goes well :D
Happy Dosing - SpaceMiNd
SpaceMiNd
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Postby Jdebz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:02 pm

So, I dosed the 15 minute mp3 from itunes peyote, and during over half of it, I was shaking/ felt cold air being wiffed at me, and I think I very slightly heard somebody talking...

Overall, thanks for the help. I think I've finally got it down.
Jdebz
Level 2 (20-29)
Level 2 (20-29)

Postby SpaceMiNd » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:23 am

Glad to be of help. As you continue performing the method your mind will began excepting the doses quite quickly, so keep it up!
Happy Dosing - SpaceMiNd
SpaceMiNd
VIP PLATINUM (500+)
VIP PLATINUM (500+)

Return to I-Doser Digital Audio